Sign in to follow this  

bikes need help for RRMT

We're planning a trip to Texas at the Red River Motorcycle Trails next weekend and we need input for our bike setups.

A friend rides a 300xc who I told was the perfect bike, but is worried about the jetting and gearing. He's been riding for a while but like me still lacks hill climb experience and confidence so slightly above a novice rider.

My brother is a novice rider on a rm250. We both love the bike in the sand where we do most of our riding but when we made our first trip to RRMT he struggled on the steep climbs. We think we want to slap a fly wheel weight on so we can yank it before the dunes. Not sure on the size though.

We would appreciate some tips on our setups for the trails for some mediocre riders. I ride a 520mxc and I liked the ride last time I just need to fine tune the pilot jet(I was a little rich down low) Thanks for the advice

I've never ridden a 300EXC, but am willing to bet you will want to drop a tooth on the countershaft of the RM250. I can't remember having an MX bike that didn't need geared down slightly for trail riding. Trials tires make the climbs a breeze, but make keeping the front down a bit of a problem. If you have the motivation to add a flywheel weight, it wouldn't hurt, but it's probably not necessary.