KDX 220 clutch problems

I have an 02 kdx 220. The clutch is sticking, so when i put it in gear it, it wants to jump forward. It's like you don't have a clutch, but after i warm it up and ride it around for awhile, it works fine. Is there anything i can do to fix this problem?

I have an 02 kdx 220. The clutch is sticking, so when i put it in gear it, it wants to jump forward. It's like you don't have a clutch, but after i warm it up and ride it around for awhile, it works fine. Is there anything i can do to fix this problem?

What trans oil are you using? Did it just start doing this?

My 03 kdx 200 does this every time I start it. I just cleaned the entire thing getting ready for spring break and filled it with a rich oil gas mix 32:1 for the first start up, plus provides more lube and better power (more oil = better seal for more compression) and the clutch was sticking on the first kick. I changed the gear lube after I rode it for awhile around the yard. Then I put fresh lube and let it sit with the clutch lever tie wrapped to the bar. I started it today and the clutch still sticks.... its just the way they are. I've owned this bike for a year and put 2000 miles on it last season (all trails). The bike "jumps" every time I start it up fresh and hit first.

I'm thinking about switching over to ATF, I'm running "clutch saver 10x30" right now, and always have.

I changed the oil and just zip tied the clutch lever down. c if that;ll do anything...it's been sitting since fall. I'm thinking of taking the clutch apart to c if the basket is wore any

The viscosity of the oil you run will have a lot to do with your problem. If you are running 30wt dino oil the problem will be worse then if you are running 10-50wt Shell Rotella Syn or ATF. No matter what you run it will still stick a bit when the engine is cold. Just hold the front brake and give it a throttle blip when you put it in gear. If the clutch is still dragging after the engine has warmed up then your clutch lever is out of adjustment or you have other problems.