Sign in to follow this  

AD Boivin Explorer Kit on CRF250R

I am on the fence about getting a CRF250R or CRF450R. Coming off a 250-smoker. I really would like to get the 250F for the lightweight factor against the 450, but the only problem I see is in the winter. I have the AD Boivin Explorer Kit, but not too sure how the 250 would do in the deep powder. Any input?

i hear the new 450r's feel like a 250f but with the 450 power, any input from someone with a new 450?

We have the 09 450. It's only a few pounds heavier and right now they're selling for right around 5k brand new from the dealers. My kid loves his! He rode an 08 that belonged to a friend of his and he said it felt like a pig compared to the 09. Power was there but the 09 handled like his 08 250. It's a lot of bike. I don't ride on the track anymore, but I rode it in a field. It scared the holy hell out of me, so if you're a good rider, you'll probably love it. The suspension is not the greatest stock, but a revalve and springs makes a world of difference! If you get one, the best advice I can give you is do the suspension and hold on for dear life! They are fast as hell!

I am on the fence about getting a CRF250R or CRF450R. Coming off a 250-smoker. I really would like to get the 250F for the lightweight factor against the 450, but the only problem I see is in the winter. I have the AD Boivin Explorer Kit, but not too sure how the 250 would do in the deep powder. Any input?

A 250R with an explorer kit would be like riding a moped in the snow... Trust me you will not be happy!! Any snow kit will need a minimum of a 450 power wise. Especially the explorer kit, they rob a good amount of power. I rode a KLX450 with an explorer kit and it was horrible, getting off the trail was not really an option. You will not be able to go into any powder with a 250 and explorer kit.

i have both and if your gonna do snow riding i would get the 450- and just for that reason alone, the 250 won't be enough in deep snow

www.2moto.com is your kit like that??