Sign in to follow this  

Washington Desert 100 *Reminders, tips and advice*

I've got a 05 WR450f and couldn't afford to have the suspension completely done, so I just picked up some spring from race tech to match my weight about 225lbs Made a huge difference. Normally those come sprung for a 175lb rider or so. So unless you fall into that range i'd think about some springs

at the least.

Richard

well i fall into the 130lbs soking wet class. and i just wanted to know if i should stiffen my stock back shock and front forks or just leave them how they come from factory, i have never messed with my WR's, but my YZ250F's i have spent a lot of money on the set up i have now, and i remember just changing the stiffness of what it came with made a world of a diff.

If you're 130, unless you're really fast and plan on competing to win, I'd get some softer springs if I were you. Or at least drop your fork oil level to minimum. Then when you get there, trial run some and add oil if you think you need it. 100 miles is a long trail ride out there.

I was wondering about camping, where is there to camp and are there places to tent camp out there.

Thanks

well there are no hotels on a cattle farm so we all camp... as far as tents go i did that last year and man was it cold in the morning, so as long as you are prepared for that its doable. this year i am bringing the trailer

You camp wherever you can find a spot, preferably between two trailers to keep out of the wind, but ones that are considerate enough not to run generators all night. Your in a big, open field that is packed with a couple thousand other people camping. And Porta Pottys.

I was wondering about camping, where is there to camp and are there places to tent camp out there.

Thanks

Thanks, also where does everybody camp.
Another question, do they have bathrooms or port a poty's

The race site and camping is located at the intersection of Hwy 28 and Irby Road about 7 miles west of Odessa. The entrance is on Irby Rd and it is impossible to miss.

As mentioned earlier the camping is in a big field so just come in and find a spot. There are lots of porta-pottys.

It is very similar to camping at the Gorge for a big concert except that there are way more RV's.

Remember: NO FIRES!

....and just for reference, where is the sign-in area for the race/poker run for those of us fuddy-duddys who will be staying "off-campus"?

Thanks!

....and just for reference, where is the sign-in area for the race/poker run for those of us fuddy-duddys who will be staying "off-campus"?

Thanks!

Can't miss it...right after coming through the gate it will be ahead of you on the left.

Is there going to be a gas stop on the back side of the course? I think there was one race where you guys took everyones gas cans to the back 40 so they could refuel?

Thanks Dustin

Is there going to be a gas stop on the back side of the course? I think there was one race where you guys took everyones gas cans to the back 40 so they could refuel?

Thanks Dustin

NO gas on the course, you'll need to have enough fuel to make it back to the pits.:thumbsup:

Thanks Dustin

Yikes...that would be several hundred gas cans! No thanks!

Making a loop on a tank of gas should not be a problem if your bike is jetted correctly and you do not show up with your Reiter/Walker Valley/Belfair gearing on your bike.

For just a few bucks you can throw a front sprocket on your bike that is one tooth bigger than stock...stay in the upper gears and off the 'pipe' and you should be okay.

Can someone confirm the opening time for the camping area on the D100 weekend?

With the Bike Week going on the week-of will the camping area be open on Thursday or the crack of dawn on Friday 4/9?

I'd like some official response so we can plan accordingly. Something tells me turn out is going to be huge this year.

Many thanks (in advance) to all that take the hours, hours and hours of your free time so I can play in the desert!

Camping for Bike Week will be available from April 5 through April 11 (should anyone simply want to stay at the Bike Week location...) Porta toilets will be available the same dates. Showers will be available at the high school. Thanks for asking and see you there.

Can someone confirm the opening time for the camping area on the D100 weekend?

Gates to Desert 100 race site will NOT BE OPEN til Friday morning 0600hrs.

Camping for Bike Week will be available from April 5 through April 11 (should anyone simply want to stay at the Bike Week location...) Porta toilets will be available the same dates. Showers will be available at the high school. Thanks for asking and see you there.

That is a good point - People are more than welcome to stay out at the Bike Week camp

Might be a good option for those looking for a "quieter" time :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just a little reminder

gates to desert 100 race site will not be open til friday morning 0600hrs.