Sign in to follow this  

Clutch basket setup ??

Guys,

I got my primary nut off, hooray for butane torch and breaker bar.

I put some loctite back on, and torqued it up as hard as I could without straining my body or sitting on the wrench :thumbsup:

Now, I've put my clutch basket on. I don't recall if the lever was tight before I took the clutch off or not, but its very loose now and have to take all the adjustment out on the lever before it feels like the lever is doing anything.

Visually inspecting the basket, the top two plates separate from the rest of the basket, is this the expected behaviour ? I'm not too sure how it works and the manual isn't much help either.

Theres the main grooves in which the majority of the plates are stacked, then I have two plates and drive plates in the small grooves at the top of the basket.

Do I just need to take the clutch arm off the splines and move it round? I have a gut feeling it was tight before I took the basket out but could be wrong.

Cheers,

Con (pics to follow)

normal_IMG00056-20100304-1848.jpg

normal_IMG00055-20100304-1848.jpg

normal_IMG00054-20100304-1848.jpg

Now just got to finish the starter clutch loctite fix, put the cases back on, install the MCCT, fill up with fluids and fire her up!

Cheers,

Con

Looking at this picture:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11482&stc=1&d=1252852344

All the drive and driven plates are aligned, so I need to take mine off and align them in the main groove of the basket?

What is the additional grooves in the basket for?

Is this why my clutch lever has gone loose?

When I put the kick start and did the primary nut, I had to readjust the clutch lever after reassembly. It was way sloppy even though I thought I put it back like I took it off. I had to like pre-load the tension on the bar on the left side that the cable attaches to. Been many miles since so I guess it's ok. If the cable is loose at the bar lever, take that lever (part # 21) on the left side of the motor and adjust it back a few notches. Sorry I can't be more helpful but That's the only problem I ran into after removing my clutch basket. HTH