Sign in to follow this  

are Excel takasago wheels stock on S model?

Because these are on my bike with stock hubs. Anyone know? Everything I can find only lists excels as being stock on the SMs and thats all.

Well sweet. They dont have the Excel sticker but do have takasago on them. No need to buy them now. Thanks guys

Well sweet. They dont have the Excel sticker but do have takasago on them. No need to buy them now. Thanks guys

Were you unhappy with your rims?

Were you unhappy with your rims?

Oh no way! I just bought this bike and on my 01 I had I never noticed the Takasago etched in to the rim. This bike has some after market stuff on it and trying to figure out whats stock and whats not. Thats all. I was wanting to buy new rims in a few months. Black wheels and spokes with red hubs. Thats all. Now all i need to buy is hubs and spokes. I have a buddy who can show me how to lace them. :thumbsup:

There was a post in the KTM forum on this subject a while back. Differences between OEM and Aftermarket Excel rims ... Not sure if there was any "conclusive" facts determined ... LOTS of speculation and hearsay though.

Worth a read ... maybe somebody on here can shed more light into this - fact or fiction ???? ...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627028&highlight=excel

There was a post in the KTM forum on this subject a while back. Differences between OEM and Aftermarket Excel rims ... Not sure if there was any "conclusive" facts determined ... LOTS of speculation and hearsay though.

Worth a read ... maybe somebody on here can shed more light into this - fact or fiction ???? ...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627028&highlight=excel

That thread is believable. Some of those KTM riders were pissed their beloved austrian machine was resorting to wheels from malaysia to make more money. LOL. KTM making wheels somewhere else to save cost. Kind of like BMW makes their engines in taiwan for the G450X.

I think since it has takasago ETCHED into it is real and made in Japan.