Sign in to follow this  

well i finally got a yz250!!!

Hey, i just picked up a 06 yz250 and was curious if there is anything that needs to be done besides checking all bearings for grease? Or is there anything that it needs, its basically all stock and I will be riding mostly track. It has a 10mm reed spacer and I was told that will help a little bit with torque down low. I've never had one of these but i dont think that will hurt. Anything else i should look for or get for it??

Thanks everyone!

I was thinking about it but the guy i bought it off of said he rode only woods and the top end has maybe 3 hours on it. He replaced it with a wiseco and it has plenty of compression so i dont think i'm going to quite yet. but i thought about it.

thanks

Check the timing. Lots of YZ's are too far advanced from the factory.

Look in the FAQ section up top

Why would he be banned? I mean, he hasn't said anythng about JLaw or Obama yet.

Good job finding what you wanted. I see so many potential YZ owners race out of their trucks over to the used YZ on the lot and immediately flip the price tag over to see if it's their year/model.

Why would he be banned? I mean, he hasn't said anythng about JLaw or Obama yet.

Hahahaha..... There can never bee too many pics of YZ's

I was thinking about it but the guy i bought it off of said he rode only woods and the top end has maybe 3 hours on it. He replaced it with a wiseco and it has plenty of compression so i dont think i'm going to quite yet. but i thought about it.

thanks

Doesnt everyone put a new top end in before they sell theyre bikes? Unless I see reciepts I dont believe it. But if you trust him then you should be good.

Everything else you probably already checked since they should be self explanitory... reed petals, air filter, tranny oil, spokes, jetting, you get the idea.

Looking forward to a ride report! :ride::thumbsup: