Sign in to follow this  

85 RM 125 aftermarket exhaust

Hey everyone. New to the forums. I would like to get an aftermarket pipe for 85 RM 125. I can't seem to be able to get my hands on any. If anyone could point me in the right direction to find one that's be great!

Also, I usually ride with a buddy who has a 02 YZ 125 and I took his bike for a rip last summer. Now, the difference in the torque curves in the bikes was very noticable. Mine is slow accel till the powerband then it moves, his was quick accel with minimal difference in the powerband. The only reason I'm curious about what the difference is, is because in sand, if i don't keep it in the powerband, it'll most likely bog out when his powers through it. Any ideas on a fix?

I would suggest www.dirtoverstock.com They have DG pipes and I believe they make one for your bike. Try fanning the clutch when the revs drop and give it full throttle. You need to ride a 125 with one finger on the clutch anyway.

Is the top end in good condition? Is it jetted correctly? Reeds good? Not geared too high?

Top end is in good condition. Just put a new piston in it last summer. Jetting I'm not 100% sure just cause i'm not sure what it should be. Gearing is lower. My friends YZ 125 beats me in the top end

I have an 85 rm125 too and was told there is not much you can do for the low end power..thats kinda whats keeping me from ordering the new crank bearings and a new piston...I'm taking the flywheel up to PA next month to see if my brother can fab a wieght for it and might possibly send the head off to ron black for a squish band mod

^ That's not what I wanted to hear lol. Would putting an aftermarket pipe on it make much of a difference? or does anyone know if it would?

Its a 125 and you really need to rev the piss out of it to get power.