Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Going to First SX Race (Daytona) - Any Advise?

Hi there,

My 11 y/o daughter and I are going to the Daytona SX race Saturday. I've never been to a national race...so I'm pretty damn excited...

I got a room at a hotel across the street, so we'll be able to take a break and take a load off between the pit party and the night program. I think the pits open at 12:30pm...and the show starts at 6:45pm.

So we'll spend a few hours in the pits, then go chill out...then be back for the racing.

Sitting in the 4th row in the middle (at start/finish line)...so should have a good view.

Question...anybody know if the trackside upgrade ($15) is worth it? Anybody have any advise for making sure my kid has a good time? Anything I don't want to miss?

Thanks...

• Like 1

Take lots of cash so you can get your daughter a tshirt or two, and you know you'll see one you want too:-) Get there early and soak it all in, good time!

The track at daytona is so big that its actually better to be up a little ways in my opinion. Im 16 now and last year was my first year going and I had a complete blast. Im sure you and your daughter will to. If you see a kid in the pits in an electric scooter with a back brace on thats me lol. You two should have a great time, the atmosphere is one of a kind!

Hi there,

My 11 y/o daughter and I are going to the Daytona SX race Saturday. I've never been to a national race...so I'm pretty damn excited...

I got a room at a hotel across the street, so we'll be able to take a break and take a load off between the pit party and the night program. I think the pits open at 12:30pm...and the show starts at 6:45pm.

So we'll spend a few hours in the pits, then go chill out...then be back for the racing.

Sitting in the 4th row in the middle (at start/finish line)...so should have a good view.

Question...anybody know if the trackside upgrade ($15) is worth it? Anybody have any advise for making sure my kid has a good time? Anything I don't want to miss?

Thanks...

Take some good pics and post em up.:thumbsup:

Take some good pics and post em up.:thumbsup:

Ya what he said ^^^^ Chick pics always go over well then race pics, then bike pics

im not sure about daytona but ive been the anaheim race and the higher up the better without being in the nose bleeds, if your trackside your gonna be wicked close which is rad but you will most likely only see a small portion of the track, being up higher is more enjoyable cause you can see the whole track...

try to make it in for the qualifying and practice heats, thats some of the best racing and thats when all the carnage goes down too =) have a good time

try to make it in for the qualifying and practice heats, thats some of the best racing and thats when all the carnage goes down too =) have a good time

x2 :thumbsup:

Tell your daughter to ask KDub for some goggles or something with her cute face and you might like the outcome

Double click next to the thread title and add a "c" to advice.

And make sure you get there early enough to atleast watch Qualifying and still have time to check out the pits for a while.

If you go just for the start of the night show you will be a little bummed at how fast the night goes by.