Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400 Mods or 04 WR450

I am about to spend about 1500 bucks worth of upgrades on my 07 DRZ. FCR MX 39 and a MRD/SSW would be the only performance mods rest is bars new tank etc.. I am happy with the DRZ but have always wanted more oomph out of it. Rode a WR450 last year and loved it. Now I know of a guy selling his Tagged 04 WR450 for $2500 bucks and I am not sure if I should buy it or go ahead and upgrade the DRZ. What makes it harder is if I get the WR450 I can still keep the DRZ just have to live with it being stock for longer....what to do what to do.....:thumbsup:

I am about to spend about 1500 bucks worth of upgrades on my 07 DRZ. FCR MX 39 and a MRD/SSW would be the only performance mods rest is bars new tank etc.. I am happy with the DRZ but have always wanted more oomph out of it. Rode a WR450 last year and loved it. Now I know of a guy selling his Tagged 04 WR450 for $2500 bucks and I am not sure if I should buy it or go ahead and upgrade the DRZ. What makes it harder is if I get the WR450 I can still keep the DRZ just have to live with it being stock for longer....what to do what to do.....:ride:

Buy the WR. You'll end up with a DRZ that will most likely barely be equal to the performance of the WR. Plus you could buy the WR and sell yours and end up with less money invested and more bike than you currently have.:thumbsup:

A tagged WR is more of a dirtbike than a DRZ is. However, expect more in the way of maintenance. If you know that the WR is in good shape, I'd go for it rather than spend the money on DRZ upgrades.

Your DRZ will never equal the performance of the WR with out a lot more money spent on it - and then it will still be heavier and not suspended as well. I moved on to a TE450 for that reason. But as mentioned before, racing 4T with lots of hours or not properly maintained can quickly cost a couple of grand to fix.