Sign in to follow this  

brake light

hi there

just got a wr250f but when i pull front brake lever the rear light does not work but the rear brake pedal is ok. cannot find anything in the manual about it ??? can anyone help please.:thumbsup:

The WR 250f does not come with a brake light only a tail light. Some one added the brake light, quick and easy way to do that is to add a switch to the rear brake only.

Take a picture of the front brake handle. Over here in Australia, all wr's come stock with a pressure switch on front and rear brakes. Chances are there just isn't one on there, but there might be and it just mightn't be plugged in or it could be broken.

thanks for the info , the rear brake does operate the brake light but the master cyclinder on the front has no connection for one so i am assumming that it is not required in england,i think i will have to ask at the local dealers.

Regards jay

hi there ,thanks for the info. i have no pressure switch on the front cyclinder , i am guessing that it is not required in england but i will have to check with a dealer for mot purposes. just seemed strange that the rear brake pedal has one and the front does not.

regards jay.

hi there,thanks for the info but i will have to check with dealers over here to see whether it is law to have one on the front. i do have one on the back . it just seems strange i have one on the back but not on the front.

regards jay

thats because only a dump arse would only use the front brake to stop. 99% use both to stop, hence the rear has the switch.

Take a picture of the front brake handle. Over here in Australia, all wr's come stock with a pressure switch on front and rear brakes. Chances are there just isn't one on there, but there might be and it just mightn't be plugged in or it could be broken.

I know this is a while ago but id thought id give it a shot. i have a 2002 wr 250 and i have the hydraulic stop switch on the front but no where to plug it. does anyone know how to wire the rest up or where the plug may be to plug into ??

Brian Wyborn

Australia

Firstly, you need to establish that your tail-light has a brake light....double filament bulb or most likely a dual LED.

There should be 3 wires running from the rear light:

1. Ground or Earth.

2. Live for tail lamp

3. Live for brake lamp.

The pressure switch is simply a switch which when "on" provides a live supply to the brake lamp. If your bike has never had brake lights before, then there is little chance of a wiring loom being there. What you do next depends on how competent you are on auto-electrics.