Sign in to follow this  

Anyone tried a Pro Race Design submount?

Anyone using the Pro Race Designs sub mount on there KTM? They look nice.

I've tried calling and emailing, both with no reply makes me a bit nervous on ordering.

Will they really only fit the cast clamps? Both my bikes have billet, 06SX/08XCW.

I just got mine in the mail. I called and left a message and he called back a couple days later - we discussed what fit what - he sent me an invoice for pay-pal with free shipping and I got the part in 2-3 days. It's anodized orange and looks great - just need to figure out how to reverse the arm on my Scotts and shorten my top mount stabilizer post (advice is welcomed).

Seems like a good product - just a small operation.

I called again today and left a message, left one last week also. I hope he calls back.

Just pull the nut off that holds the scotts arm on, and then gentle pry it up with a flathead.

Why not just trim the post shorter and then get a replacement pin for a sub post or trim it too.

Back to the question at hand; Will the PRD mount fit the billet clamps?

You mean like this? hehe

ACFD99B.JPG

ACFD99D.JPG

unbolt the arm, or however it disconnects, and use a small screwdriver to gently work it off. Flip it 180 degrees and reinstall.

He can tell you how much to trim the post and the insert to match. This is what I did and it worked well. Sure beats the heck out of paying the big bucks for the Scotts.

He needs to know whether you have the cast or machined clamps. I also told him what position I used for my bars.

I am having a hard time adjusting to the raised bars, if I can't get it worked out, I may just sell the PRD. I am making an adjustment so I should hopefully know this weekend.

He needs to know whether you have the cast or machined clamps. I also told him what position I used for my bars.

I have the machined clamps, when did you give him your info? Debating to just go a head and order or not.

Trail Tech has a cheap sub-mount set up which is what I currently have on my bike and hate.

I have the machined clamps, when did you give him your info? Debating to just go a head and order or not.

Trail Tech has a cheap sub-mount set up which is what I currently have on my bike and hate.

I communicated with him via email primarily. I talked to him once I think. It took him a little to get back to me, he had bird flu at that time.

Send him an email telling him that you MUST communicate with him in order to make a decision, that you have questions that need clarification. That's what it took for him to get me quick responses. From there, it was easy. I didn't order from his website. It was handled all thru email and paypal.

I have a hard time commiting to something like that until I talk to someone to make sure everything is crystal clear.

Got a return email, will be ordering one for each of my KTM's. Will let everyone know how the rest of the process goes!

TommyB,

Just curious to see how the experience went. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Did you get the full kit with the submount and the collar?

Curious as to how long did it take to arrive? Need something by Friday.

Thanks in advance.

Update - I ordered two, got them quickly and the product was top notch. I'd buy one again and have already recommend them to friends.

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

Here are some pics of the PRD mount that I just got in the mail!!

Dennis

work of art.

looks just like mine. lol

wish I could edit my post with pics...:smirk:

I think I'm going to be selling one of mine along with a frame post off my old 06 if anyone is interested.