Sign in to follow this  

2 Stroke Oil Longevity

Hey all, can anyone tell me about how long 2 stroke oil will last after it's been opened? In specific GN2 Honda 2 Stroke Oil. Thanks

on the shelf?,,long time if you keep the cap on..in the bike?...well if you ride in the sand id change every few rides and clean your air filter after every ride...here in the midwest last a year in the bike...if you race id change after every event...i change oil once a year and maintain my ail filter properly

Well I assume like anything that it will lose its quality or properties sooner or later, and yes after the seal has been broken but the cap being put back on.

snooter - I believe that you're talking about a 4 stroke or tranny oil, I'm talking about pre-mix 2 stroke oil. And as far as how long it last - I'm talking years? months? decades? I'd appreciate it if someone who knew could tell me, thanks

there are guys still using castrol "R" which hasent been available in close to 15 years...i would run it myself just for that vintage smell if i could find it...oil unlike gas does not go bad...if the seal is still intack thats a no brainer for old oil....i guess one could argue about moisture getting in thru the old paper can but most if not oil is in plastic cans anymore so thats a non issue...personally i would not trust any opened can..but if the seal is there i would use it with no worries

Alright thanks, what I'm asking is that I have a couple quarts of GN2 and only used about a half of a quart of one about half a year ago and put the cap back on, is the oil still good as new to use? thanks

i would use with no worries..you bought it..you know how it was stored..you will be fine