Sign in to follow this  

California Frank Raines Sunday 3/7

In our never ending quest to go riding despite closures and weather and every other damn thing, a group of four of us are heading to Frank Raines on Sunday. None of us have ever been. I hear it's pretty small, but worth checking out at least once. Is there anything in particular that I should know that I wouldn't find just by riding around out there? The more difficult the better.

Also, if anyone wants to meet up with us out there, feel free to post and we'll put it together.

If you are patient and have a keen eye for singletrack you will be rewarded with killer trails. Don't ride down anything you can't climb back up. I'll be there this weekend as well.

Look for creeks, drainages, notch areas off the fire roads.

DSC06072.jpg

DSC06074.jpg

DSC06078.jpg

DSC06154.jpg

DSC06210.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to it.

If anyone wants to meet us out there. I'm not sure which vehicle(s) we're taking exactly, but there will be four of us in two trucks. 2 250x's - one will have Leo Vince shit all over it (dude works there), 1 wrf 250, and 1 yam 250f. We'll probably stage at 9 or so. My name is Jacob. Feel free to come say hey.

Kind of a hard place to ride if you have never been there. If you can hook up with someone that know's their way around you can have a great time. Some very tight single track hidden around that place and you can get yourself into some trouble too. Should be nice out there with all the rain we have gotten. Have a blast!

Wish I could make it down there and show ya some stuff,Been a while since we rode together "DC",have fun . Look for gnarly carl . Some good hill climbs & bar wide stuff..

Sorry I missed you guys, apparently I can't read the word "Sunday". We went Saturday and did some trail work and rode maybe 20 miles.

How was your trip? Did you find anything "interesting"?:banana:

Haha, yeah, I was wondering where you guys were. We found some OTHER dudes at the covered benches with some KTMs. A guy named Tracy and his buddy, two older gentlemen. They were kind enough to show us the hardest crap out there. Beat us up pretty good. Both of them were damn good riders. We had a great time, you guys weren't joking about how difficult some of it can be though. I ended up looping out on a hill climb when I got way more traction than I thought I would (thank you trials tire) and the bike came down on top of me. Cooked out my arm pretty good. Still had a good time despite that. Will probably ride there again sometime, but likely not for a while.

We're heading out to MC this weekend :banana:

Glad you found someone to hook up with. We are going back this Saturday for another work party, and to ride of course!:banana:

My buddy and i went out for the first time tor Frank Raine's, to meet up with a couple of "A" and "AA" riders... Let me start off by saying i did 90% of what they did but it didn't look pretty they kicked our asses... Dudes were bad ass and holy shit that place will give you a reality check real quick. Good ride but we worked for it every gnarly hill climb and trails that went even trails....

Glad you liked it Skeeter. Our crew was out there "bushwhacking" on Saturday

and what a killer day it was. We'll be back again this Saturday for more.:banana: