Sign in to follow this  

Do you have an all time favorite?

Since most of us have likely owned or had the opportunity to ride number of bikes over the years. For general off road, trail, desert, and or play riding, is there a bike that stands out as your all time favorite? One that you've enjoyed so much, that if you found a new one in a crate somewhere, you would try to buy it. What bike would that be? And why does it stand out over the other bikes you've owned?

my 2002 cr125 i know its old but i got it for cheap and i just love how light it is and i kinda liking wringing its neck too. i have ridden yamaha's 2 stroke and 4 they just sit funny i dont know what it is kinda feels like you are really far forward. a honda crf250 it was nice but still not the same a 230 honda SUPER HEAVY. and my next favourite was a 04 kx250

Edited by motomatt16

I have an 09 250 SX that I really like for racing, but when I get right down to basic fun, it's hard to beat a 125 (of any brand). I currently own an RM 125, and like the guy above said, I love to wring its little neck!

Back in my youth (in the 70s), my 76 KX 250 (complete with downpipe and 4" of suspension travel!) was a blast...

I had a blast riding and racing my 73 cr250, Don Jones porting MT 250 bottom end DG Shock laydown kit DG pipe ect. I put every dime I had in that bike and will never forget it. After I wore it out I used the topend on my Honda Odessey and raced that at Corona Raceway. It was # 438 built, I bought it from Harrison Reno Honda.

81-84 Suzuki RM465/500 without a doubt. Best rear suspension ever, even by today's standards. More power than should be legal. Fairly light for a big bore, and truely beautiful to look at (except for the hideous plastic gas tank...

I love the old YZ G model. It handles so well, almost trouble free. Not many YZs cud be as reliable as it was to me.

But 25 years later, now....I am riding the Kawi KLX 250s 2007 model..hehehe

no more tracks..just the trails, especially when you just hit 50 years of living.

I have had plenty but the one I had the most fun on in a 1996 rm125. Every once in a while I look for a used one to restore.

I had a 95 CR 500 that was set up for wood's and It could do it all, I miss that bike, but my new KTM 300 XC-W I think might just be the best bike I have owned. It is so sweet

My current bike is the first one that still impresses me 2 years after buying it. Best handling bike I've ever ridden, the stock suspension really seems to work well for my weight. It's fast, runs perfect every time I ride it, no troubles ever.

I really do hate doing maintenance on it though, some of the hardware Suzuki uses is SOO cheap compared to my past bikes which were all Hondas. Plus I bought it brand new and it had corrosion on the threads of most of the bolts.

My 2008 LE CRF450R...Shoulda kept it:(

08450.jpg

My first bike. 1986 XR80. Bought it for $100, sold it for $600, and bought it back for $200. Stripped it, powdercoated/painted it, new plastics and backgrounds. Mike Brown's old pitbike.*

Its priceless to me. I wouldnt sell it if I had a guy in a Lambo wanting to trade. Ive owned 2 more, and is now my hobby. I love the late 80s-early 90s style of XR 80s

*thats the story Ive been told over and over from the previous owner

1986 Yamaha TT350 was my original Fun machine:ride: With a few added options this 350 had awesome low end grunt and was a fantastic wheelie bike:thumbsup:

I feel compelled to add another bike which was high on the Fun meter which was a 1990 CR500 :thumbsup: This monster was a serious blast to ride and the awestruck faces of onlookers while this beast from the east was on technical ST was priceless:smirk:

I had a blast riding and racing my 73 cr250, Don Jones porting MT 250 bottom end DG Shock laydown kit DG pipe ect. I put every dime I had in that bike and will never forget it. After I wore it out I used the topend on my Honda Odessey and raced that at Corona Raceway. It was # 438 built, I bought it from Harrison Reno Honda.

Without seeing the year of bike or your age just by mentioning Corona Raceway you really aged yourself...:ride: I've no room to talk!

As for me, (I included this in the Vintage forum) I went from a 73 TM 125...fast bike to a 78 Yamaha TT500. Of the showroom floor it was a desert sled for sure. No suspension, metal tank, etc. After a couple years of riding it I decided to upgrade it so it could handle the whoops and jumps. I put on a White Bro's banana swingarm, laid dwn Fox shock system, added air forks slite mod to the engine along with oversized oil lines to help keep the beast cool and running smooth, cut the back/lower section of the front fender to allow for more airflow to the head, added a header and SuperTrapp exhaust system and a 6" Cheng Shin rear tire...I rode it until i died in my arms.:thumbsup:

1982 kx80, my first bike ever. just looks so cool, always ran good. sure would love to get one of those again!

2nd 1986 xr200 first new bike ever owned. still had lights and tool kit (87 or88 dropped

these and cheaper suspension) that bike always ran great handled well and went forever on a tank of gas. a friend of mine just got one last fall and i got to ride it. still as nice as i remember it riding. i'm first in line if it goes up for sale!!

my first bike was in 1974...bought for $25 and it came in boxes..that 3.5hp tecumsah was a little small for but me and the old man spent a month getting that little booger all painted up and running..sold it to the kid up the street i think for $35...then in 76 i moved up to a more substantial bike...the 5hp briggs 1960ish challneger bike (still have it)..cetrifugal clutch and powerful 5hp briggs made for fun times..even has front shocks and rear shocks so i was kewl as hell on my mini mx'er areound the neighborhood...from there i graduated to kawasaki ke's and yamaha dt's and kawasaki kdx 250 so on and so forth..throw in a 79 kx 125 which was the worst piece of shit bike i ever owned...chrome lined jug bore was a pain.....today the garage is filled with hodaka super rats and combat wombats and minty honda xl 70's and 175's....i have one gay bike being a mint 73 honda ST90..even my daughter calls it gay..but they are all fun...bikes i still want are a very early 80's husqvarna cr250 and of course that 73 cr250 elsinore....i drooled a lot in the late 70's inside hall's harley in springfield looking at all those minty new huskys...funny thing was only the oil dry was placed under the harleys while none was under those huskys....hard to find a favorite..those mini bikes rank near the top..for every day fun i still think my 74 hodaka dirt squirt holds top dog...bikes i will never own is any chrome lined jug KX....any early YZ...damn mono shock was crap during the early years...the yama DT is abysmal in any rough dirt condition....any suzuki or any early honda cr490 (neigbor had one more in the shop then out in the pig lot..total POS)..thats it....god speed