Sign in to follow this  

elimating kill switch?

hey,

i wan tto take emy kill switch off because i allway seem to bump of hit is some how and it turns off! i use the key any way. If i take it off sould i cut the wire's down by the wiring harness? or just relocate the kill swich??

tks dan

hey,

i wan tto take emy kill switch off because i allway seem to bump of hit is some how and it turns off! i use the key any way. If i take it off sould i cut the wire's down by the wiring harness? or just relocate the kill swich??

tks dan

Are you sure you want to do that? The kill switch is there for you safety because sometimes it isn't easy to get at the ignition switch when you've piled off the trail and the bike ends up on top of you...speaking from experience. Maybe you could look for a different kill switch that isn't so easy to bump. Or reposition the stock one on the handlebars so that it's a little more out of the way?

Its nice to have for wot plug chops when sorting your jetting out aswell.

Id keep it personally

Yep...keep it and relocate it, the positioning is bad. I was doing a doughnut one time, bike fell on me and I couldnt kill it because I couldn't reach kill switch. Ended up with the back tire burning into my leg at full throttle, just about burned to the bone...wasn't the best experiance ever.