Sign in to follow this  

Twin Carb 600 Jetting?

I've got a 1986 XR600R, and will need some help with the carbs. The motor is pretty much all stock, fresh rebuilt with a 97.5mm Wiseco piston, 9:1 compression ratio. Airbox is stock, with a Uni filter. I will soon install a Jardine RT-Four pipe using the stock header.

I don't remember what the pilot jet is, but I know it was the stock one for this bike. The mains are stock 122s.

I know I'll need to go richer with the pipe and filter, it's already a touch on the lean side if I had to guess by the way it runs.

Any recommendation on what jets I should go with? I'm pretty much at sea level here in Louisiana.

Thanks in advance for any advise!

Pilots a 45..least is in mine. When I put the CRF450 Muffler on mine I'm pretty sure I changed no jetting,,Same as yours..122's ..I'm at sea level.,Wait till you get the bits on and see how it starts/runs before deciding. I'm still using the stock filter (well I assume it's stock) so if you change it I suppose it'll have some sort of affect..

You're right, 45 is stock, that's what's in mine. I remember now after reading your post... :thumbsup:

I know mine idles better with the choke half on now, and pops on deceleration even with the stock pipe. It acts like it's lean. Plug is nice and tan colored though.

That said though, I've had trouble in the past with trash in the carbs. I don't know where it's coming from, but it's a very very fine brown colored stuff that looks almost like rust, but doesn't stick to a magnet. I've flushed the tank a few times, put new fuel line on, cleaned the carbs out multiple times, and it keeps coming back. Usually it'll start missing real bad when above half throttle or so, and you know it's time to clean to carbs again. I need to put a filter in the line to see if it's coming in with the gas, or something else.