Why do you guys with 2005-2006's move upto 2009's+ ?

I'm curious, Im trying to compare the specs on both, items that you cant really upgrade (generally) such as dry weight and HP and they both seem the same.

I have a 2005 RMZ450. I upgraded everything for me, the suspension, foot pegs, handle bars, tires, chains, seat, exhaust etc..

Comparing the 2010 model for example, is there really that big of a difference?

When people upgrade from 2005-2006 to 2009+ what are they really upgrading ?

The weights seem to be right around the same....

HP is in the same ballpark.....

manufacturers have guys that sound really extreme say big words we dont understand like fuel injection, centralized weight, updated to auto-adjusting timing chain, better mapping, cool plastics, motorcycle mags compare and everyone somehow wins. maybe some are compensating for something. the industry is ever evolving and as some say "a fool and his money are soon parted".... furthermore some people race and there bikes are kinda thrashed after a few years.... i really want a new bike lol

Only reason I can think of for the folks that have 05-07's and wanting to upgrade to a newer one would be because of the new fuel injected carbs. That would be the only reason why I would want to sell my 07 and get a newer one.

Only reason I can think of for the folks that have 05-07's and wanting to upgrade to a newer one would be because of the new fuel injected carbs. That would be the only reason why I would want to sell my 07 and get a newer one.

What is a fuel injected carb? The 08 + 450's are worlds different compaired to the first gen rmz's. If You ever have the oppertunity to ride a 08+ RMZ 450 you will see why newer is better. There is no replacement for technology.

I am considerably faster on my 09 than on my old 05. The trans and efi are a huge difference. Both of my bikes have a ton of mods. Especially in hare scrambles, the 09 makes me feel so much more confident, third gear in fast woods is perfect.

You need to ride one, soon after you will put your bike for sale and get a new one.

+1

EFI was the only reason I bought my bike. Live in Colorado and ride the trials here... lean one minute rich the next. The the temp changes more then 15-20 degrees get ready for that fun too... :banana:

Soup is right, when set right EFI is soooo crisp.