Sign in to follow this  

wanted rekluse swap over part numbers and other bikes that fit 2005 wr250f ?

i am looking at picking up a 2nd hand rekluse for my 2005 wr250f, i have seen one for a yfz450 on ebay and also a yz 450 so wanted to know if they use the same item or what other bikes share the same one so i can have a broader search to work from ...:thumbsup: and also if you have one for sale...

I don't know if a 450 will fit or not you can look up the part number for a 250 and see if it is the same for a 250. I don't think they will fit each other though.

If you're looking for the regular z-start, you need the RMS-171. If fits all the 01-09 250Fs. The 450s use the RMS-172.

If you're looking for the pro model, you need the RMS-871. Fits all the 01-10 250Fs.

Shoedog's will definitely fit.

Prob don't need to say this, but we're talking about Yamaha bikes/ years- not other manufacturers.

If he doesn't want it then I may be interested for my 05 WR250F.

How long did you use it and why are you selling it?

Used it 2 years and still mint. Bike was an 03 and time for a 450. These clutches literally hold up like iron if you change the oil and do not ride in too high a gear. Fiber plates have one weekend of riding on them.

you can have it mate ! been offered one for cheaper and 3mths old...

got prices here for folks needing a rebuild...

labour 650+200 for guy to do suspenders !

410 athena 290 full kit !

350 in selector forks and various bits...

140 to get gears cut back

possibly some more fiddly bits and gaskets.. so we are up near 2k... could do it for a lot less just doing minimum but while i was in there.... i will do the rest.. dont plan on changing it anytime soon !! :banana: oh and did i tell ya that its a ex motogp mechanic thats doing the work ?? mick doohans mechanic from honda times !! cant wait to get my arse on it now !!! lol..

got my rekluse fitted and all set up ! great for hill climbs but find it slips a bit when giving it some berries ! feels like an auto ! may take me a bit to get used to it !

its all properly setup and all within specs so i its just the way it works..never seems to fully lock in gear , as you get a bit of slip of you are mid revs and just give it WOT ! so have to see how it goes after a few runs...

i also noted you need to be in the right gear, you cant lug it like you can with a stock clutch ie, have it in third and feather the clutch, this rekluse will not bite like a manual clutch !

i liked it on my big bore quads but not so sure yet whether i like it enough to keep it on my dirt bikes ! time will tell...