Finished pics of the 79 Yamaha YZ250

Here are some finished pics of the 79 YZ250 build. Put the DG pipe on it and finally rolled it outside in the sun to take some pics. Thanks to everyone that helped with the couple problems!!!!

BEFORE:

DSCN6493.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

Edited by Wavehog33
  • Like 1

That bike is dope, what are you going to do with it?

Doodman, first off you got a great deal on the KX80! My brother will be AHRMA post vintage racing this bike. If you are planning to go to Redbud, we will be running this, and me on my 78 RM400 on the big track on Friday the day before the pro race. Hope to see you there!!

Doodman, first off you got a great deal on the KX80! My brother will be AHRMA post vintage racing this bike. If you are planning to go to Redbud, we will be running this, and me on my 78 RM400 on the big track on Friday the day before the pro race. Hope to see you there!!

Thanks wavehogg, I always look forward to your inspiring rebuilds, thank for keeping them alive. As far as the kx goes, I scored a twin to it for another $25, but it was buried in the snow so I will pick that up next week. I also scored a 81 cr 125 elsinore(last year elsinore) off my neighbor for $50.00 and he threw in a parts bike xr 200.

Single income, 3 kids, don't know how far I can take these bikes, but I will give it a shot.

I don't think I will be going to redbud, but would love to.

Thanks for the kind words and inspiring countless others to refurb these old bikes, yours are truly a work of art.

good gas for you.?

It's beautiful. Post a pic after you get it dirty. Better yet, post a pic of you getting it dirty :-)

Here it is getting it dirty!! My brother riding it. That is my son on his 82 CR125 leading the way!! I was not riding as I crashed indoors on Wednesday and had a mild concusion and sore ribs ?

Picture006.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture007.jpg

• 8 months later...