Thermistor- is it possible to put on bike?

Just as the question asks- is it possible? Does anyone know where I can get a small thermistor? I'm sure its possible, the only problems should be weight and mounting and well, finding one. Any thoughts?

Those sites are pretty cool. The trail tech/ vapor one seems cheesy. when you first go it were you impressed just by the design? I'm thinking they could have done something with an outside metal coating and that connection I'm guessing goes to the trailech/vapor microprocessor? I thinking I would need a NTC for this applicaition

I think it would be a good indication if your bike is warmed up properly before riding, also it would tell you if your running the bike in the optimal temperature range, to determine if maybe you are overcooling in winter, or to eliminate the possibility that it's not in the range.

I was thinking of drilling and tapping the side of the cylinder for a probe insertion, thought this would be the most accurate way of reading engine temperature. Running a sensor like the one picture in the link near the cylinder however would probably be just as accurate.

i added a thermostat to my yz250.i think this is one of the best mods for an offroad 2 stroke,bike is always at correct temp with no need to tape off rads.makes jetting easier and more consistant.

you could throw a trail tech at it, it will show temp of the bike, air temp, timer and tach.....plus a speedo, although I don't know if my speedo works over 35......I can't seem to concentrate on it after that....lol

I'm just looking for something simple. I do need a probe, but obviously a digital readout that is water proof. I just found some NTC ones on the net last night but I'm also considering a thermocouple. I don't know which one would be more accurate/better to use. I could try a refrigeration supply house but i think i could find the same thing on the net, cheaper, or even better of selection.

you could throw a trail tech at it, it will show temp of the bike, air temp, timer and tach.....plus a speedo, although I don't know if my speedo works over 35......I can't seem to concentrate on it after that....lol

+1 on this.

I've got one and love it. I let my bike idle for a bit as it warms up and off I go once the temp comes up. Also get speedo, odo, tach, hour meter, etc...

The lights on the top act as shift lights and temp warning lights. You can set what temps and rpms you want these to light at.

+1 on this.

I've got one and love it. I let my bike idle for a bit as it warms up and off I go once the temp comes up. Also get speedo, odo, tach, hour meter, etc...

The lights on the top act as shift lights and temp warning lights. You can set what temps and rpms you want these to light at.

Is this thing accurate though? And the shift lights, can you change when they go off?

You can set everything.

RMPs for shift lights.

Temps for warning, etc..

You can adjust for different wheel sizes as well.

Well thats pretty cool. do you hook it up to the computer? and is it cheap plastic? this thing almost sounds worth buying

The Vapor Speedo from trialtech is definitely worth it. i use it on my street tard wr400f, and it gives me the temp of my coolant, also ambient air (although i gotta say it is off by 10F too high).

The tach is useful also, allows me to see the change in RPM for a given speed when i change sprocket sizes.

also logs the Max temp, rpm, and distance for each ride. nice cuz now i know i can get about 140mi per tank before i need to refuel.

mine has been working flawlessly for the last 3 years. Oh, also the X2 headlight is the bomb. definitely better than the stockers.