Sign in to follow this  

chain tensioner

Hey all,

Im new to this site & after some help?

I got myself a 08 KTM 450 XCW last year & towards the end of last season the unit developed a light ticking sound at idle.

I took it to cycleworks in Calgary & they confirmed the noise was coming from my cam chain & recomended a tensioner?

They said they couldnt find 1 for my bike & said to see if this forum could help me out?

Has anyone else had experience with this?

Thanks

Order a dirt tricks tensionor will cure all your problems.Worth every penny.The stock one is too short causing slack in the chain.

The Dirt Tricks unit took the ticking out of my '09 EXC. The OEM unit is a pain especially if you do your own valve shimming.

Awesome..

Thanks Guys!!!

So you reckon its a pretty easy install, even for someone new to this? or you need to be sum1 who really know's what there doing?

Awesome..

Thanks Guys!!!

So you reckon its a pretty easy install, even for someone new to this? or you need to be sum1 who really know's what there doing?

A no-brainer less than 5 minute install. Comes with easy to follow instructions (I believe they are on their website too if you want to check them out). You'll spend more time playing with the DT unit because it is so well engineered than you will installing it.