Sign in to follow this  

Need Help with my TurnTech 5.0

I'm having serious difficulty getting my bike started. My TurnTech 5.0 failed me for the first time today although yesterday I was able to start it in my garage after several tries. Today, as advertised, the engine began to turn over a bit faster as the battery heated up but it unfortunately failed to start before finally fading completely.

The bike was pretty cold, outside airtemp around 40 degrees. It did however start after we put a battery pack charger to it but never started up after that with the TurnTech even after being ridden for awhile. I'm running a 45 pilot, with JD Jetting 1 1/2 turns out. The bike runs strong once going so I'm thinking the valves aren't the issue. It just seems that the starter isn't getting the power it needs to turn it over fast enough.

Since the battery appears to be exhausted can I put a trickle charger to it? I realize it works off of a different principle than standard batteries.

JoeT, if you're out there please advise. I've had good success to date with the TurnTech and would hate to go out and pick up another battery if not required.

Thanks...

Also posted in KTM Talk.

Resolution...charged the battery all night on the trickle charger. I got a green indication the next morning that it was fully charged (wasn't sure if that would happen or not with a TurnTech). We also found a very lose ground connection on the starter relay. Tightened it up, threw in the TurnTech 5.0 and it started up better than it ever has and worked all day.

JoeT, thanks for checking in with me in short order. Your customer service is outstanding!

Read your post on ktmtalk, JoeT is a great bloke and stands by his product.