Sign in to follow this  

XR650L Tire Iron Mount

Well, I did it again. Just had to fab something up. The idea just hit me the other day and I knew this would work.

I made poly blocks to hold the tire irons and large hose clamps to secure the assembly to the battery box. This is the "rough draft" so to speak. I'll make a couple minor tweaks based on some observations and offer them for sale.

I was impressed that the side cover doesn't even touch the mount.

They are rock solid. I'm going to do a test ride this weekend, 40 miles off road and see how it holds up. I think it'll be just fine.

0304101909-00.jpg

0304101910-00.jpg

0304101911-00.jpg

0304101914-00.jpg

Oh yea, I have some tow straps for sale on flea bay as well. They're 1200 lb test and packaged in a compact water tight poly bag. I don't want be accused of spam advertising so I won't post a direct link - easy to find.

0303101301-00.jpg

That is a good idea, but now you'll have to remove the setup to get to fuses or the battery.

I have seen where someone drilled a couple holes in the flat irons and bolted them flat against the frame with the passenger peg bolts.

I thought about that. Honestly, I never go into that battery box unless there is a problem. Also, the hose clamps are quick release so as soon as you loosen it a little, you can disengage the screw completely and it slides apart.

I have three small ones that fit in the bottom of my rear tool bag. If I can't get the bead of the rim I just use the kick stand off another bike. I think your running out of mod idea's. Ben