Sign in to follow this  

cams

You won't notice the difference between stage 1 HotCams and E cams....they are almost identical. If you want more bottom end you can run the E intake or Hotcam intake with your S exhaust cam...if you want more top end run both E cams or both Hotcams. The beauty of the E cams is that they are cheap and available to buy used ($100 or so for a set) and worth it....plus the E cams will drop right in without reshimming.... if the S cams you are replacing are shimmed properly and valve clearance ok then the adjustment will stay the same without reshimming 99% of the time. I say buy a set of E cams and try it with the intake only....if you like it...cool. You can always put the exhaust cam in later if you feel like a change in your power band.

Another diff:

E cams dont have adjustable sprockets.

Hotcams do.

E cams have a slightly 'better' profile.

Both are fine for stock bore and 94mm bigbore.

If you can get a set , the E cams will be the much cheaper option , as much as up to a third of the price by what has been said on here . I put the hotcams intake and exhaust in my standard motor , and there was a notable difference between standard and cammed . The bike has a lot more low down grunt and will power wheelie in first and sometimes second [ this is with an FCR/MX also ] . It now revs a lot harder higher up in the rev range aswell . It seemed to used to run out of puff at a certain point , it was still revving but it wasnt pulling . Now it is pulling right into the higher rpms , greg