Breakin Method and oil. PLEASE VIEW AND RESPOND!!!!

:ride:?:ride:Ok everyone. I need to know something. I will install the head tomorrow. I know that I am supposed to change the oil after I breakin the cam. 1st ?: What kind of oil should I use for the breakin? 2nd ?: Since I have had my head off for about a month(it has been covered) and where the piston chamber has been exposed at TDC where I took of the head, should there be any kind of lubrication added to the piston chamber? The oil was drained in the quad along with the coolant. Is there anything I should do that I do not know before I fill her up with oil and take off for the break in. Here is what I know.

1. Pour in new oil and make sure that you have a new oil filter and clean air filter.(non synthetic oil for the breakin).

2. Make sure there is plenty of assembly lube on the cam, lobes and lifters(I use lucas assembly lube)

3. Start the quad as I am on it and take off with normal not excessive speed with no lugging or idleing.

4. Ride for 30-45 min( thanks JD07CRF for the info). light trail riding with varying rpm's but not wide open or snail slow.

5. Park the quad and let her cool of a bit and change the oil.

6. After completely cooled off take of the cylinder head and check the valve clearance for the recommended clearance Intake and Exhaust. Adjust if necessary.

7. Change the oil to whatever you normally use synthetic or non, also change the oil filter.

8. Check all installed parts and go over the quad to make sure everything is tightened up and in its place.

9. RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT.

Please let me know if anyone has anything to add to the list as I want to make sure that after I spent all the money doing the work to the quad that everything goes smoothly. Thanks to all who have replied to the threads I have posted thus far. It has provided valuable insight that has helped me with the sometimes retarded questions I have had. Thank you all and talk to you soon.

Edited by ekitchen6
missing text

If you were seating a new set of rings, I would have recommend the Motoman method.

...+1....on that!.....My son has an '05 ex with his High velocity porting and ...WOW!! Good stuff.?

Edited by BadBird69

Well, just got home from breaking in the new head and cams. WOW, it runs so much better and with a hell of alot more power and torque as before. So glad I decided to do the work on the head. The cams were broken in and rechecked the valve clearance and it is still with in spec to a .003. To little to do anything to. Thanks for the help and will let you know if it breaks down because of something stupid I did. lol. Usually happens to me. Thanks to all, talk to you soon.