Sign in to follow this  

Realistic goal for this season?

Ok I started riding in March of 09' and have progressed to this point

I plan on racing this season. Is top 5 or 10 in a C class race a realistic goal? I'm getting pretty decent at jumping now too

probably but it depends on how many people in the class and if the class has a lot of sandbaggers

Ok I started riding in March of 09' and have progressed to this point

I plan on racing this season. Is top 5 or 10 in a C class race a realistic goal? I'm getting pretty decent at jumping now too

it's completly differant riding tracks you know with one friend compared to racing with 20 other bikes, alot more intimidating, to start with just set the goal to finish.

also whoever's on the 250R obviously hasn't had any decent crashes yet, seeing as he's riding sleevless :thumbsup:

it's completly differant riding tracks you know with one friend compared to racing with 20 other bikes, alot more intimidating, to start with just set the goal to finish.

also whoever's on the 250R obviously hasn't had any decent crashes yet, seeing as he's riding sleevless :thumbsup:

Those are both me lol, I just didn't have my gear then. Anyways I have been riding tracks, I just haven't made any videos of me since I got comfortable jumping, I look like a goon in the only one I had so I posted that video.

you posted this video months ago and asked the same thing?

all i can say is go out there just to finish and not hurt yourself. ridinga track and racing a track with some preasure are two diferent things. if oyu have never actually lined up in a start gate before, i would get some practise starts in somewhere and make sure you have all your gear on.

ya just be happy to get out there and race. dont be focused on actually winning the first few, just get comfortable being around so many people on the track racing. then go for it.

I wouldn't even try to set a goal if you've never raced at all. Last year was my first year racing, and I had no idea what to expect. Now this year I can set realistic goals based on the 30 or so race weekends. And from what I've seen the guys that come out and say "I'm gonna finish top XX" are usually the guys making excuses about why it didn't happen.

you posted this video months ago and asked the same thing?

all i can say is go out there just to finish and not hurt yourself. ridinga track and racing a track with some preasure are two diferent things. if oyu have never actually lined up in a start gate before, i would get some practise starts in somewhere and make sure you have all your gear on.

^ what he said...

The goal should be to finish your first race.

depending on your competition you could probably do it. the problem with C class though is if you don't get a good start, your kinda screwed. because the other riders will most likely not hold their lines, run you off the track, and ride way over their head and out of control, which will make it hard to pass others.

because the other riders will most likely not hold their lines, run you off the track, and ride way over their head and out of control, which will make it hard to pass others.

Look at his video. You are preaching to the choir, son.

My goal wasn't for the first race, it was for the end of the season. When I posted it before I was just asking if I could race C class. I definately know I could race it because I was riding with some C class riders at the track some were fast and I smoked some others.