Sign in to follow this  

kx250 help anyone????

Hey guys I got a 96 kx250 and just finsihed a re ring paint job and pretty much a face lift. Im about to put a new silencer on it im debating between a pro circuit 304 factory sound and fmf shorty. Also possibly a different reed cage if I can afford it. Next order of buisness what are pros and cons of 1 ring pistons over 2? Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

w846j5.jpg

Either one of those silencers is loud as balls. IMO, stock silencers sound best, I even get compliments from my riding buddies on how good my KX's sound.

Judging by the handguards and lack of numbers, there's no reason for you to run a single ring (Racers Choice) piston unless your a AA rider and have the dough to replace the top end after every 3-4th race. A two ring (Pro Light) piston is a stock replacement and lasts alot longer than the single ring.

Ya I do like how my stock silencer sounds but I like something that pops and crackles a little like my old bills silencer did. I just did rings in it next time ill put a piston in it I'm going to put a 2 ring piston in it most likely I don't know much about the single ring pistons other then their supposed to give you some more power. The bikes mainly used for hill climbing woods riding and blasting through fields and up back roads and hittin some jumps but sometimes it does see the track. In the future I would like vf2 or vf3 reeds not sure which yet, an actual port and polish (I cleaned the intakes my self) new back number plates or backrounds on them and a weisco. What do you think?