Sign in to follow this  

Polisport Headlight mating connector

Hi,

I just bought a new Polisport headlight for my bike. The head light didn't come with a mating connector to hook it up:banghead: anybody know where to get the mating connector? I am having trouble finding one.

Thanks in advance!

I'm in the same boat as you. Look forward to what anyone has to suggest. For now I have mine hooked up with simple crimp on lugs.

I have heard of this same problem with the Polisport setup. The consensus is that you are SOL on a factory type connector.

My advice, find another connector at an automotive parts store or Radio Shack that has both the male and female connectors and be done with it. I'm sure you will spend less than $10 on it.

I'm in the same boat as you. Look forward to what anyone has to suggest. For now I have mine hooked up with simple crimp on lugs.

That is what I am going to do too, although the flat tabs are pretty flimsy. I think I am going to use the flat crimp mating connectors and then encase it in epoxy resin so it's water tight and won't break the tabs. What a PITA, why didn't they use the common connector used on every other headlight in the world:foul:

i used the connector of my old light

Your old head light had the connector that mates with the new Polisport? My UFO head light on my other bike has the standard three prong style like Acerbis and the other mfg use.