Sign in to follow this  

So what makes the MRD & TRC so much better?

Engineering wise. Are they similar? I've never seen a TRC in person.

I understand the diameter is big.

What else? Is it the taper? The initial bend that doesn't dip as low as the RS2?

I'm just curious, in a nutshell, why some pipes work better than others. Seems like voodoo magic to me.

it is like a trumpet --- it all has to do with sounds waves

so yes voodoo magic

as far as I know

for a short time 2 years ago yashi quit making the TRC pipe

so Eddie had the guy from MRD make a coppy of the TRC pipe ( I think 3 prodotyps ware made and tested ) the one that make the best power is now called the MRD/SSW pipe

tyhis is a good thing becouse if yashi did not stop production of this did would not have a pipe that is $300 cheeper and made the same HP

I upgraded form a complete yoshi rs3 to a yoshi trc ,and the difference on a modded engine is huge.

Haven't seen or tested the ssw/mrd , but looking at Eddies dyno's , it's about the same as the trc in power

An engine is a pump. So in those terms you have a couple factors 2 biggies being size and flow rate (flow velocity). The problem is balancing the 2, this is the voodoo majic bit.

Big pipes/intakes with no velocity means no cylinder filling, no bottom end. Small pipes with lots of velocity means good filling but it will choke out at high rpm.

So that is where the taper size, length etc come into play. With this you can control flow velocity through out the range. Also you need to account for the pressure pulse and wave reflection in the exhaust (effects vary on engine type and design). Then the engine timing and intake then needs to balance the flow rate.

This is why guy's like Eddie rock. They have a feel for it, and then reinforce that with testing.... :thumbsup: