Where to sell a bike?

eBay is good.

CL seems to be filled with broke white trash who want to trade for junk, or don't want to pay a decent price.

Also you can try to sell it right here on the TT classifieds. I have never sold one here but bought two.

ebay is terrible now, the listing fees are too high, just look at it lately, hardly any bikes for sale there

here's a sample

ktm 200's on ebay, 3

ktm 200's on craigslist 122

yz250's on ebay less than 10

yz250's on craiglist, more than 1000 ! holy cripes

I can't beleive you are having trouble on Craig's List, I have sold many thing's on there as well as a lot of my friend's. Are you sure you have it priced right? If you list it with a reasonable price it should sale.

If your bike is not getting any responses on CL the price is probably too high. This can be a tough pill to swallow, but is usually the case. Alot of folks are unrealistic on the true value of their bike.

Especially in this economic climate.

If your bike is not getting any responses on CL the price is probably too high. This can be a tough pill to swallow, but is usually the case. Alot of folks are unrealistic on the true value of their bike.

This is correct. I've seen prices vary wildly, depending on location.

I'll give you an example: a good friend of mine was looking for a 250 two stroke for around $1500. In any of the NJ regional subsites of craigslist, $1500 will get you a 99-03 bike that's rideable, not needing any work. Go outside NJ to some of the PA or NY regional sites and they're full of junk, people living in fantasy land with their price expectations. People asking $2000 for clapped out bikes that are over 10 years old, with worn tires, trashed bearings, etc. My favorite was the RM250 for sale that looked rough and had a custom pipe that was painted yellow. I'll have to post a link when I can find it. I also noticed that on craigslist, every bike for sale has a fresh top end and they're "wicked fast."

My friend ended up getting a 01 RM250 in excellent condition for $1400. It looks like it has less time on it than my 08 KTM. Its pretty obvious from talking to the sellers which bikes were really taken care of.

You could price it high and hold out, and somebody may end up buying it, or you could price it to sell fast depending on how soon you need the money.

ya i agree price and pictures

i hope ypur not a person with a 01 yz 125 that needs new tires and chain/sprockets and that thinks it worth 1700 and wont budge:bonk:

I know what you mean about CL. In the northwest here some people are INSANE about price they think there bike is worth it's weight in gold. I also see the same bike for weeks at a time with no movement.

how bout a link to your ad?

Here ya go: http://rockies.craigslist.org/mcy/1625857287.html

I think the problem with Craigslist is that here in Colorado it is broken up into too many regions and you can only advertise on one. Basically it's hard to reach your buyers.

Other problem is it's a little early season right now.

I lowered the bike $500 and it's only been on there a week but I had a feeling you guys would have some suggestions for better places to list it. My local shop (where I just bought a KTM 300) said i can hang a flyer there so I'll get on that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW, don't bother suggesting lowering the price more. It's worth more than $4000 to me so that is the absolute lowest I'll sell it for. That bike is sick, if you like 4-strokes.