Sign in to follow this  

MXA misinformation

So what's with MXA? They consistently give inaccurate information about YZ250's. On numerous occasions, even after being corrected say that they YZ250 didn't come with SSS forks until 2007 and now they show a steel framed 250 and try to pass it off as a 2005 :thumbsup:

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=CEE5E1174231435C8312B9B07C0B4275

I've long felt it was a crappy publication that wasnt worth its weight in horse crap. Poor editors who dont catch simple mistakes

They weren't trying to pass that off as a 2005, the question just happened to be about a 2005, the image was simply an icon.

MXA is about the best MX publication currently available. It's the only one that doesn't cater to the emo-kid look/mindset that seems to pervade the sports' youth. I have noticed some stupid editorial mistakes recently, and the mag has lost ALOT of content compared to the 200+ pages it was every month in the 90's, but it is still the most adult oriented mag in the business.

I've long felt it was a crappy publication that wasnt worth its weight in horse crap. Poor editors who dont catch simple mistakes

Looks who's talking!

I've long felt( that) it was(is) a crappy publication that wasnt(wasn't( isn't)) worth its weight in horse crap. Poor editors who dont(don't) catch simple mistakes(.)(not that I am any better but?)

I'll give him the was and wasn't. He is probably talking about his past experiance of a magazine that no longer exists in his universe.

It's sort of like how guys talk about their old girlfriends like they are dead.

Heck, maybe once you get them in the sack they are. That might be why they are OLD girl friends.

Looks who's talking!

I've long felt( that) it was(is) a crappy publication that wasnt(wasn't( isn't)) worth its weight in horse crap. Poor editors who dont(don't) catch simple mistakes(.)(not that I am any better but?)

Youre also not paying me 5 or 6 bucks a month to read my opinion which probably has little to nothing in common other than you and I both like to ride dirt bikes. Im not trying to put out there that Im a professional who should be respected in this field because just like all of you Im just a guy who likes playing in the dirt and talking about it

Looks who's talking!

The only actual corrections you made were the apostrophe in "don't" and the period at the end. The verb "felt" is past tense so he was correct in using was and wasn't. Also, it was not necessary to add the word "that" into the sentence. I think all of us here can agree that a couple of missing punctuation marks are nothing compared to many of the posts in this forum.

BTW, I'm not trying to start an argument here about grammar... I just thought I would point out your mistakes in trying to correct his.

I knows my gramer is horible I was just pointng out somthing to just starts an arguement.I personaly dont even see how this subject was even responeded to in thee first place.Yaaaa a magasine is macking mistakes very interest. :thumbsup::ride:

I knows my gramer is horible I was just pointng out somthing to just starts an arguement.I personaly dont even see how this subject was even responeded to in thee first place.Yaaaa a magasine is macking mistakes very interest. :thumbsup::ride:

LOL. Now this is more like most of the posts you see being commented on for bad grammar.