Sign in to follow this  

CR-Got IT

hey just bought the cr250r, he had Aus $2500 on it and wouldnt go below $2000 but i got it for $1900, it has the original purchase bill and the manual.

The overall condition of the bike seems alright, took it for a ride and love:smirk: the power a few things ive noticed are

1. expansion chamber has been welded and probably needs replacing

2. the lh side panel on the rear has slight damage

3. the graphics on the radiator shrouds are damaged (still orignal ones)

4. rear pads are getting low

The front and rear guards seem fairly new, i started it at the blokes house and it started first kick, i then started it 2 or 3 times at my house and it started first kick each time, blows abit of smoke but i think it needs a good ride.

I am going to get a new expansion chamber($450 priced), pads, source some plastics and graphics and go from there. i will start pulling it down to check everything and go from there. thanks for the help

my advice is to get all your parts thru ebay(the american one)

dont buy too many parts in oz, youll only get ripped off..

Def. check all the bearings and give em some grease, replace if too bad.

post a pic man, i miss my CR's

just a quick question the manual says use four stroke engine oil in the transmission is this correct? can i just use my mobil 1 that i put in my 4 stroke? in my old 125 i used to use motul in the gearbox but it costs alot and i can get engine oil for cheaper.

thanks for the advice nathan ill look around here for prices and then ebay and see what they want.

dunno about the 4 stroke oil in the tranny but if the manual says its ok then it must be.. change the oil regularly anyway.

have fun man. Ebay is your friend..

just a quick question the manual says use four stroke engine oil in the transmission is this correct? can i just use my mobil 1 that i put in my 4 stroke? in my old 125 i used to use motul in the gearbox but it costs alot and i can get engine oil for cheaper.

thanks for the advice nathan ill look around here for prices and then ebay and see what they want.

Use whatever oil you want as long as its wet clutch compatible