Sign in to follow this  

Fixing bowed truck bed wall?

I just purchased a used Ford F350. I got a good price, and most everything appears to be working properly, though there are a fair number of cosmetic issues everywhere. One thing I missed entirely was that the front wall of the bed is bowed towards the cab - in pretty much exactly the same as you'd find if a motorcycle was ranked down using the low tie-in points in the truck bed corners.

So I'm planning to get something like the Bed Buddy going forward, but I'm betting I'm going to have to fix this bow/warp before mounting it, no? If so, how easy would this be to fix? Would an auto body shop be able to handle it? Or am I sunk?

Don't know if you resolved this issue yet...? But I would like to know if you replaced or fixed that piece?

I picked up a cummins last year and had the same problem. I ended up welding 2" square steel (3/16th's thick) across the front wall of the bed. Then welded two angle piece to this forming a triangle for more tie down options(its really handy!). I pulled the front of the bed piece back and welded it to the steel so it was no longer bent towards the cab. It turned out not bad, painted the whole truck including this piece looks almost factory!

If you want pics let me know