Sign in to follow this  

xr650r or crf450x

I just sold my ktm 560smr to buy something better for longer rides and less maintenance. My buddy has a drz and it feels like a slug compared to the 560. I don't think I can handle the power difference. I'm looking at a 02 xr650r and a 05 crf450x both sumo. Just looking for some input from people who have them. pros and cons for both.

I just sold my ktm 560smr to buy something better for longer rides and less maintenance. My buddy has a drz and it feels like a slug compared to the 560. I don't think I can handle the power difference. I'm looking at a 02 xr650r and a 05 crf450x both sumo. Just looking for some input from people who have them. pros and cons for both.

If you're looking for a bike with less maintenance and for longer rides compared to your previous 560, than you should go for the XR650R.

A CRF will need more maintenance, as i heard.

I own a XR650R, and i love it! The XR is known for its durability.

A good XR650R goes 20.000 to 30.000km without opening the engine.

And if you like the looks of a CRF but the power of a XR650R

This is mine:

242xvue.jpg

The CRF450 would not be much better for longer rides and less maintenance, I would get the XR650R.

Both bikes make about the same RW HP (stock) but much more torque with the 650. More weight too. The 650 is pretty bulletproof...you will want to watch the maintenance on the 450. Two very different approaches with pros and cons in each case.

I would also go with the XRR for longer rides and less maintenance, but I assume you mean on the street? Be aware in WA neither of these can be licensed per the rules, but there are ways. Look for a bike which already has a plate or buy out of state. If it has ever been registered in WA as an ORV, there is no way to get a plate.

One nice thing about the X is that there's aftermarket oil tanks and coolers for more oil capacity.

But I would go with the XXR for the longer valve life and alot less maintenance.