Sign in to follow this  

525 14T sprocket

Good day all,

Will any 525 14T sprocket work for the CS on the DR, or do I need to order a special one?

Thanks

What do you mean by any 525 sprocket? As in from any other motorcycle?

If that is what you mean, NO! While the DR might share dimensions of CS diameter, splines size, spline number etc, with a handful of bikes - for example DR 750 and 800 - it will be different from 99.99% of the rest.

If you order from Procycle or Kientech you know it will fit.

Thanks for the quick reply, I was going to see if my local dealer carried one, but I'm not sure they would know if there was a difference.

Thanks for the quick reply, I was going to see if my local dealer carried one, but I'm not sure they would know if there was a difference.

You need the smaller sprocket retainer also.

You need the smaller sprocket retainer also.

I've been reading up on the topic. What is your take on the retainer clip to secure the 14-t sprocket on as opposed to the milled retainer that Procycle sells?

I've been reading up on the topic. What is your take on the retainer clip to secure the 14-t sprocket on as opposed to the milled retainer that Procycle sells?

I use the Procycle retainer.

On my old DR I used the stock retainer plate with the 14T CS. It wasn't a problem at all. The only evidence that could be seen was the outside part of the chain got a bit shiny for the first few miles. On my new DR, I went ahead and ordered the sprocket and retainer clip from Procycle. To me, it just seems more secure.

I have the 14t with retainer from Kientech for 3000 miles now. No problems.

i just carefully ground down the factory one, works great, it aint rocket science. thats all that is done to the ones you buy, exept they use a lathe and it looks nice, but once you put the cover back on, you cant even see it. and ite free !:banana: