Sign in to follow this  

Are all springs created equal?

I'm kind of leaning towards getting Eibachs, but I see that Stillwell uses Race Tech and Doug Harvey (who is local to me and will do my suspension when I get the $$$ together) uses Canon Racecraft. I do plan on using Goldvalves front and rear as well, if that makes any difference.

Understanding that opinions are like a$$holes, what's the general consensus?

eiback make them for RT i believe , anyway they are all very good , i would not use gold valves , i hear the latest ones are very good but you dont need them.

Let me tell you this, when the suspension shop guys, i'm talking rg3, factory connection, race tech, need custom springs they order from Cannon.

As far as standard rates, I might be wrong but I think they mostly come from Eibach.

Me personally, I will always order from Cannon. Their customer service is great and they know their stuff.

I first went to FC and they set me up with .52 front springs. Well I had major bottoming problems and mushroomed one of the srings in the bottoming tower, hard as hell to get out. I then went to Cannon. According to their calculations, he made me a special order

.58 spring. No bottoming and I had the custom drawn spring in less than a week.

When I was looking at a custom ICS spring, Both FC and RG said they would order it through Cannon anyway.

All springs are not equal. There is a difference between spring mfgs and a there can be a considerable difference between springs from the same mfg.