Sign in to follow this  

front wheel screwed up

I have a 98 yz 250, the front wheel is bent really bad at the bead. I think i need a new one. Are all yz 250 front wheels the same(hub and rotor)I would like to buy something i could put a new tire on and then just bolt it on. Thanks for your help

According to Yamaha Parts Depot.com, Yamaha ran your front wheel assembly (4SS-) from 1996 thru 2001 on the YZ125, 250, 250F 400F & 426F. The rotors changed in 2001, but you can swap that out.

http://www.yamahapartsdepot.com/fiche_select.asp

This is not to say front wheels from other models (WR?) or other years will not work, but that those models listed above should be a direct replacement.

I have a 98 yz 250, the front wheel is bent really bad at the bead. I think i need a new one. Are all yz 250 front wheels the same(hub and rotor)I would like to buy something i could put a new tire on and then just bolt it on. Thanks for your help

If all you need is a new hoop, PM me your address.

I have a stock hoop leftover from my restoration project on my 1998 YZ250 and I'd be happy to send the original to you so I can get the damn thing out of my apartment.