Sign in to follow this  

Video: KTM 2011 testday in Belgium.....

Think that track is rutted enough to test the new linkage? So much for picking a line. I'm really looking forward to seeing the 450 sx-f. Wanted a 2010, but they were practically sold out overnight here locally (and my wife said she would "do something nasty to my privates while I was sleeping" if a new bike showed up in the garage). I hope she's just joking, cause I want a 2011.

Why ? I don´t like Belgians :ride: since i don´t understand a word they´re saying.

I´ll get to ride the 350 in late April/early May.. :thumbsup::lol:

Thanks for the video HRC :thumbsup:

I wonder why nobody else has mentioned the overlapping (over the rear half of the number plates) rear fender so far. When the first pics of the works bikes appeared I though the number plates were broken due to some pre production failure, but obviously this is meant to be. While this maybe a clever way to pick up the bikes (from dirt protected handholds) IMO it is butt-ugly! I have to see it in person for a finall judgement, but so far this could be a deal breaker for me - YES, since I buy my bikes for leisure I want them to be optically appealing to me!!! Anybody wants my #1 spot on the list for a 350SXF :ride:

Michael

Wow, deal breaker due to the aesthetics of the side number plates! You're definitely more of a form vs. function kind of guy.

Thanks for the video HRC :thumbsup:

I wonder why nobody else has mentioned the overlapping (over the rear half of the number plates) rear fender so far. When the first pics of the works bikes appeared I though the number plates were broken due to some pre production failure, but obviously this is meant to be. While this maybe a clever way to pick up the bikes (from dirt protected handholds) IMO it is butt-ugly! I have to see it in person for a finall judgement, but so far this could be a deal breaker for me - YES, since I buy my bikes for leisure I want them to be optically appealing to me!!! Anybody wants my #1 spot on the list for a 350SXF :ride:

Michael

I´ll bet that they don´t. My money is on the tried and true black rims.

Thanks for the video HRC :banana:

I wonder why nobody else has mentioned the overlapping (over the rear half of the number plates) rear fender so far. When the first pics of the works bikes appeared I though the number plates were broken due to some pre production failure, but obviously this is meant to be. While this maybe a clever way to pick up the bikes (from dirt protected handholds) IMO it is butt-ugly! I have to see it in person for a finall judgement, but so far this could be a deal breaker for me - YES, since I buy my bikes for leisure I want them to be optically appealing to me!!! Anybody wants my #1 spot on the list for a 350SXF :lol:

Michael

I´m sorry to say.....but I have to agree on this. Probably the ugliest rearfender I´ve ever seen !!!:banana: Makes a 1989 KX 500 rearfender looks sweet !

I thought the bike looked really good from a side view (for a orange bike)....but this upper view killed it all ! :banana:

IMGP0670.jpg

I think it looks normal. Who cares about the looks of the plastics anyways. As long as the package in whole is good i really don´t give a $hit about the looks of it. Besides i´t can be made to look whole lot different with graphics and such. Í´ll take a good handling fast bike with ugly plastics before a bike with the most astonishing looks but a roach to an engine mated to a so-so chassie any day . And no HRC - i don´t necessarily mean a Honda now. Or do i ?? :banana:

Besides i´t can be made to look whole lot different with graphics and such.

Yeah....sure hope so:thinking:

Í´ll take a good handling fast bike with ugly plastics before a bike with the most astonishing looks but a roach to an engine mated to a so-so chassie any day

Well, to each his own. I take pride and joy in "perfecting" the technical side of a bike instead of the touching it up with bling. Current bikes aren't "roaches" anyway, they have different personalities, but all are good to a certain level. Nevertheless I like to "like" my bike from an optical standpoint so it is important for me how it looks stock. And since the perfect bike doesn't exist anyway I consider my way to be the more efficient one :banana:

Michael

Well, to each his own. I take pride and joy in "perfecting" the technical side of a bike instead of the touching it up with bling.

Michael

We´re on the same page there. Bling is just a plus and it does feel good to add that to a bike that works as good as it possibly can. Why not make it look as good as it performs ?? I´m not with you about the "cosmetic side" being a deciding factor though ...

Yeah....sure hope so:thinking:

Don´t be such Sissy - a touch of hacksaw and a sledgehammer can do wonders to any bikes (or riders) looks !

Every few months I buy new plastic and graphics kits for my bike and it looks good, for exactly 1/2 a day. Then it looks like the same old pile once more after that and I wonder why I even bothered.

Don´t be such Sissy - a touch of hacksaw and a sledgehammer can do wonders to any bikes (or riders) looks !

Ok.....now I understand why your bikes have that special look !:banana::lol:

Sorry, I just can't get over this, this rear fender/side panels make me :banana:

- the new mushroom-head design!

Michael

Sorry, I just can't get over this, this rear fender/side panels make me :banana:

- the new mushroom-head design!

Michael

OOHHH ! Now I see what you mean !!!:banana: Holy crap !!! Haven´t noticed it before ! The new " special mushroom " rear fender ! :banana:

What were they thinking !?!?!?

Sorry ktm people....I´m not trying to offend you.....I´m just astonished !:lol:

Actually -now i see it too. Man , that´s FUGLY !! :banana: I hope they do something creative to that mother ... :banana:

The designer has done the blueprints to that bugger after a visit in some Amsterdam Smart-Shop.

Damn it Wurm - now you made me hate the fender too !:lol:

I think it looks better than the setup from the last few years. At least there is somewhere to grab too.