Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - LAST NIGHT TO ENTER! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

TTr125L electric start conversion

I have started to convert my TTr125L from kick start to electric start. all the mechanics are done i.e. starter flywheel. but i have hit a wall when it comes to wiring. i have to wire in a start and stop button and my stater seliniod. can anyone help.

You can get a wire harness on ebay for $20. You might want to by a batter box also. You will need a starter button and some kind of a on/off switch. It wouldn't have to be a key switch just something to disconnect the battery so it doesn't get run down. You can just jumper across the clutch switch. If you need a wiring diagram you can download the owners manual for a TTR125LE. You can download one here: http://www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/?r=0 Just pick a year close to yours.

Yea, but mine has all the switches starter and kill, cdi box, rectifier, every thing. Plug and go. But no worries I might go back to a estart motor. It looks like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-TTR-125-TTR125-WIRING-HARNESS-WITH-IGNITION-KEY_W0QQitemZ280473925677QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item414d8c782d There's a BIG difference between a non estart and kick wiring.

Edited by socalxr

I'll be watching this one with interest, as there's a gaggle of <02's locally that would be candidates for this type of conversion.

Any estimate as to how much extra $$ to convert a kick only TTR 125 to estart, assuming a loom can be acquired for $75 +/-?

What's all needed to perform the conversion?

You need a bunch of stuff. Battery, battery box, weld in some tabs for the box, a complete loom that had a million wires, and for the motor you can probably sell you motor and buy a etart motor for not much price difference. TTR motors are pretty cheap on ebay. You also need a estart motor front mount. I need to dig through all my left over parts and see what I have. Maybe i can post some pics.

The under-achiever that I am, I took the easy way out & picked up a used '05 TTR 125 LE over the weekend - at a price that was just a bit more than the kick start only bikes being advertised locally.

Started and runs just fine, fairly new Pirelli's, a good start. Freshening up the suspension & steering head bearings are first on the list.

The fun begins, Mastercard be dammed!