Sign in to follow this  

91 cr

What's with the front brake rotors for the 90/91 CR's? I can't find one anywhere (except stock for $200!):thumbsup:

Does anyone know what changed btw. model years? I looked at the Service Honda fiche and there are different part numbers for 92 and up? Thanks!

$200 each or for both? Check ebay and most rotors probably cost around $100 +- each. The fancier the rotors (wave rotors, etc..) the more expensive they are. Standard rotors, like what come stock, will be the cheapest.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think much has changed. A rotor could be look different in 92 than 91, and that would give it a different part number.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=193733&store=Main&catId=&productId=p193740&leafCatId=&mmyId=203

This says the OEM replacement fits from 89-96/97 depending on your bike, to 01 for a 500. I would think if an OEM replacement could fit that range of bikes, I don't know why you couldn't get any other rotor that fits any of those years in between. But I could be mistaken.

Edited by KcDavis

Hey Kc - thanks for the reply. It was $200 for just the front rotor, oem though. The link you provided didn't work, but I'll poke around some more, and if that's the case, there's a bunch of aftermarket stuff to choose from. Where did you find that the oem replacement fits 89-96/97? Was that on DK's website? You're right, any oem that fits those years, any other aftermarket would as well.

Edited by Chorbelt
clarification

It's crazy.... On all of the front rotors.....they fit 88, skip 89-91 and then starts again at 92. They must have done something a little different those 3 years. I don't know what though.