Sign in to follow this  

ktm clicker settings

Dumb question... Honda has around 18 detents in the suspension, I assumed that my sxf was similar. Wrong. Noticed that it has like 36! So when the manual says 12 out is the normal setting... do they mean 24 actual clicks?

Edited by Von_Chowder
clean up

No, they mean 12 clicks out from fully seated. Clockwise to seat the clicker then back it out the number of clicks.

Yes, and which bike are we talking about? Why don't you fill out your sig so everyone can be of more help to you.

Depending on the year, like my '07, the forks are a bit harsh at stock settings, so everybody backs the compression way off. And the shock needs the right spring for your weight or it won't work right since there's no progression from no linkage and has to be dealt with as the piston moves through it's range. Fine tuning is the key to getting the most out of them.

So we have a No and a Yes.

It is a 2010 SXF 450. Manual suggests 10,12,14 out from fully seated. I understand that part. The suspension is working very well. I have the sag set and also have a heavier spring(progressive) for my weight (and height). Just surprised there are 36 total clicks so was wondering if they have different system. thanks.

Edited by Von_Chowder
add info

I was responding as yes, agreeing with the first response.

12 clicks out means 12 clicks from fully clockwise/closed.

If there are 36 clicks and the factory setting is 12, then they have it setup so that suggested damping is 2/3's to the full rate.

And there are clickers for compression and rebound, front and rear. What exactly are we talking about? Or did you get it figured out?

So we have a No and a Yes.

It is a 2010 SXF 450. Manual suggests 10,12,14 out from fully seated. I understand that part. The suspension is working very well. I have the sag set and also have a heavier spring(progressive) for my weight (and height). Just surprised there are 36 total clicks so was wondering if they have different system. thanks.

Nothing different. More clicks give you more room for adjustment and fine tuning. That´s all.:banana: