Sign in to follow this  

Header glows red

I have a 08 crf250x with the powercore 4 and i just installed the megabomb header last night. When i started it after a couple minutes the header started glowing red hot. Is this normal?

Also, when i installed the powercore 4, i never rejeted the bike because it was running fine and didnt sound like it needed it. Will this hurt the motor? I am going to rejet the bike now that the header is on.

YUP. normal stuff,start any 4 stroke at night and you can roast marshmallows on them,normal stuff

Yep, normal. I don't let them sit around and run high idle with the choke on very long, they really start to glow!!!

We have an RMZ450, it does the same thing. I used this to my advantage one day to bend the header pipe back down to where it was suppose to be. The person we bought from had dropped it and bent the header pipe upward. I let it sit and idle with the choke on until it got nice and red and carefully used a pry bar on the cooler section to bring it back into position.

the glowing means it is to lean, back out the fuel screw a couple of turns and it will fix the problem