Sign in to follow this  

motul technosynthese

how good is motul technosynthese? is it the equivilent to semi synthetic? i was runing 10w-40 castrol car oil and i recently found out that its crap. the stuff was burning out my clutches faster than i could change them. also how long do you think i could push my oil changes with this motul oil? i was changing my oil every two hours (basicaly every ride). i also ride/race hard and practice 3-4 times a week.

i have a 2009 kawasaki kx 250f

thanks

http://www.motul.fr/uk/conseils/faq/reponses.html

"Technosynthese" is marketing. It really doesn't mean anything. Look at the individual Motul products to see if the base/ester blend is correct for you.

I use Motul 300V (double-ester) in my '09 WR450F and '07 WR250F (when I had the 250). Yamalube (dino oil) goes in the TTRs. I haven't used a single-ester Motul product in a race bike, but they'd probably do very well (as would most competitors' single and double-ester products).

That said, I'd use the 300V stuff in you KX250F - especially if you've been having clutch issues. I'm really happy with the longevity I get from the 300V oil - about 10 hours (full oil change interval) for casual trail riding, and at least 5 hours (pretty much a full day) before I can feel it in the clutch if I'm hammering the bike. I've never burned a plate with this oil. :thumbsup:

MOBIL 1 fully synthetic best oil you can get.Also get the one for bikes has no friction- modifiers in it they kill your clutch.