Sign in to follow this  

YZ 85 help

I need to get a longer shifter for my kids yz85, do anyone know where i can get one,,,he has big feet,,,,or will a YZ 125 fit ????

Or just take it to a welder and have them extend it.

my son had the same problem, size 10 foot, 5'3". I looked into getting longer tips that would bolt on to the end of the lever, (sorry forgot the company), but in the end decided against it. I just moved the lever up one notch on the shaft and that solved his issue with getting his sasquatch foot under the shift lever. Might be time to move up to a big bike soon. Hope this helps, Kris

I used to run XR400 shifters on my CR85 for the same reason, they were about 1" longer.

We just went down to the Honda dealership and looked at all the shifters on all the different bikes and XR400 one was the same general shape and the shift shaft was the same diameter so it worked out perfect. Your best bet would be be to look around at some bikes and just see if any will retrofit onto your 85.

Or pay way too much money for a custom billet shift lever

Thanks for all your help,,,,,,,,,,, in the end a smart parts guy from a local dealer "seitzco" said a YZ 125 would fit and its longer,,,

It worked out perfectly ! ! ! and only $30,,

cheers