Sign in to follow this  

California Crossover Challenge - Sears Point - May 14-16

Check this out! Brok McAllister is putting together a really exciting sounding event, here are the details, email Brok directly if you want to enter: supermotobrok@aol.com

West Coast MOTO JAM - 2010 Cross Over Challenge

May 14, 15, 16 Infineon Raceway, Sonoma, CA

Riders will compete head to head in three different disciplines in three days. Each race will have its own qualifying and unique main event. So competitors only compete against racers entered in the crossover event.

This is a Pro/Am Event and all riders 16 and older are eligible to compete, applications for Free Entry will be accepted from March 5th thru May 5th 2010. No License is required to compete. Racers are eligible to enter additional races and practice.

Minimum Cash Prize $2500. with 60% of the total cash prize going to the winner and the remaining cash and prizes going to all the riders who compete in the final. Entered riders will have there names listed in various media and program fliers for this inaugural “King of the Hill” event. There will be a podium for each days event with medals for the top three finishers each day and a Trophy Cup for the overall winner. All riders completing the final will get a commemorative, competitors only T-Shirt produced by Bad Co.

Qualifying & Racing:

Friday: Dirt track: Results from multiple heats will be used to determine placement in to one of two mains. Top 12 go to A main and earn 1-12 place points, bottom 12 go to B main etc.

Saturday: Old School Motocross, riders will line up for the gate start, a two moto format will be used to determine overall points. Gate pick by order of sign up. Cool natural terrain hillside track with some man made obstacles. Points paid to 20th place overall

Sunday: Supermoto: All riders will get a heat and a main. Starting grids for the main event will be determined by finish order in heats, Transponder times, or current placement in overall event will determine heat race starting positions. 24 Rider final

Rules:

* One Bike, the same bike must be used, only wheels, tires and brakes can be changed. Other than to repair crash damage, no other Parts can be changed once the competition starts.

* Suspension adjustments, gearing changes, carb tuning and tire changes are allowed.

*All work must be performed in the secure impound area.

* Choice of wheels 17” – 21” any size combination

* Unlimited displacement, Unlimited mods. Open Traction.

* Each race carries the same weight (scoring/points)

* Riders using only standard size mx wheels (sportsman) in all events, will earn 7 extra total points.

* Points Schedule for all events will be: 25 points for a win, 22, 20, 18, 16, down to 1 point for 20th place

So he's got the track for 3 day's that's big money right there. Sounds like

a really fun event. Should be a good turn out for participants.