Sign in to follow this  

Need suspension setting from 2004 XR 400 Owners Manual

I need the suspension settings from an original 2004 XR 400 Owners manual. The Clymers Service Manual appears to have wrong information in it (??).

We need the starting rebound and compression settings for both the rear shock and the front forks. Details like where you start counting click or turns we need as well. Can anyone with the Factory Honda Owners Manual for this bike post them for me? A scan of the page in the manual and the table of settings would do as well. Since finding the Clymer manual to be wrong I need to get the straight Honda procedure and setttings.

Thanks,

LDBennett

I had hoped to not have to pay for the whole manual as this is not even my bike. All I want is the suspension settings and procedure.

Can some one help (for free!)?

LDBennett

It is Free.....

Click the regular download button

Next page below the ads is another click xr400manual.pdf

Then click save.....and you are set 20 min later

You don't need the manual for that.

You start counting your clicks from the adjuster being turned all the way in(CW), count the clicks as you come out with it.

Count the number of clicks til it stops(all the way out). Divide that number by 2, and set your clickers in the middle of their adjustment range. Start all fine tuning adjustments from that point.

You start counting your clicks from the adjuster being turned all the way in(CW), count the clicks as you come out with it.

Count the number of clicks til it stops(all the way out). Divide that number by 2, and set your clickers in the middle of their adjustment range. Start all fine tuning adjustments from that point.

:thumbsup:

Always the best way to start adjusting.

Bingo once again for Trailryder! :smashpc: