Sign in to follow this  

Changing spark plug?

I've just realised that ever since i've owned my kawi (about a year) i've never changed my spark plug once.

Is it worth changing them once in a while you think?

I had mine for two years didnt touch it. Just got around to changing it last month. Then my bike blew at the track the other week. Cost 1000+. Change the spark plug and do everything else that the manual calls for so this doesnt happen to you!

What's the easiest way to get the plug out? Cause it's way down in therand my hands are way to big.

Long Plug wrench. Blow some compressed air through the little hole in the cylinder before taking plug out to get any dirt out so it doesn't fall into your engine.

I install a new plug at the start of the season and then one about half way through the year......it cant hurt....

Long Plug wrench. Blow some compressed air through the little hole in the cylinder before taking plug out to get any dirt out so it doesn't fall into your engine.

Sorry if i sound stupid but which hole? The big hole you put spark plug in or another one.

Its full of dirt around my plug i took a look today and don't want it dropping into

the cylinder when i change the plug.

Sorry if i sound stupid but which hole? The big hole you put spark plug in or another one.

Its full of dirt around my plug i took a look today and don't want it dropping into

the cylinder when i change the plug.

There is a tiny pinhole sized hole on the side so it blows it up and out of the hole where the spark plug is. Use your air compressor or if you don't have one you could use some of that canned stuff for computers I assume.