Sign in to follow this  

Bikes are in the garage......for awhile!

bikesingarage013.jpg

I am going pretty much crazy here at home so I decided to share my story. The Sunday before Christmas I was at a local track having a great time until this.........

bikesingarage001.jpg

bikesingarage002.jpg

bikesingarage003.jpg

These pictures were taken today. I came up just a little short in a series of doubles and planted my frame rails into the dirt!!! I was wearing Gaerne SG10 and totally blame the wimpy/skinny pegs that come on CRF's. The Orthpedic Doctor used the very technical term "That my Calcaneous Bone (front part of heel) is MUSH!" I now have 9 pins and a temperary plate. I am scheduled for another surgery to remove plate on 3/23. It is still very painful and will be close to another month before I can make the attempt to walk. sucks bad!

needless to say "MY BIKES WILL BE IN THE GARAGE...FOR AWHILE. The lesson learned from my story, DONT HESITATE when getting ready to fly through the air on your bike! Thanks for looking.

bikesingarage013.jpg

I am going pretty much crazy here at home so I decided to share my story. The Sunday before Christmas I was at a local track having a great time until this.........

bikesingarage001.jpg

bikesingarage002.jpg

bikesingarage003.jpg

These pictures were taken today. I came up just a little short in a series of doubles and planted my frame rails into the dirt!!! I was wearing Gaerne SG10 and totally blame the wimpy/skinny pegs that come on CRF's. The Orthpedic Doctor used the very technical term "That my Calcaneous Bone (front part of heel) is MUSH!" I now have 9 pins and a temperary plate. I am scheduled for another surgery to remove plate on 3/23. It is still very painful and will be close to another month before I can make the attempt to walk. sucks bad!

needless to say "MY BIKES WILL BE IN THE GARAGE...FOR AWHILE. The lesson learned from my story, DONT HESITATE when getting ready to fly through the air on your bike! Thanks for looking.

Holy Crap Stazz - your garage and bikes look great :thumbsup: Your foot, not so much. Heal up quick. :ride:

Man that sucks dude, I hate that a lot of Honda's come with those smaller pegs, I had to change mine to some aftermarket larger ones. Hope you heal up soon

Man I know the feeling and it sucks with all of that down time. Just keep up the PT and you'll be back on "new pegs" before you know it:thumbsup:

That suck's dude sorry about your accident. You are right though don't hesitate, better to over jump than come up short.

Your garage and bike's look great, look on the bright side atleast it is not the beginning of summer, you still have time to heal and should salvage most of the summer to ride.

Get well soon..

That totally sucks, I broke both of mine a couple years ago casing a double. What track were you at?

MAX!!!

Isnt that what andrew short did?

Not quite, I crushed the underside of the arch of my foot, calcaneous bone. Andrew Short fractured his Talon (think thats how you spell it) bone which is right above what I injured.

Max, I was at pineville mx.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Not quite, I crushed the underside of the arch of my foot, calcaneous bone. Andrew Short fractured his Talon (think thats how you spell it) bone which is right above what I injured.

Max, I was at pineville mx.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

:thumbsup::lol::ride: Me too, what jump gotcha?

MAX!!!

what i always do when im hurt is take the bike apart and get it looking like new but it loosk like you've already accomplished that! haha

It was my first time there and I think it was my last LOL, but if I remember right,there are a set of two small doubles headed into a right hander going towards the back part of the track. If you were at the starting line it was the section to the right.

i got a tattoo (actually 2) that looks just like that except on my leg haha

You are right though don't hesitate, better to over jump than come up short.

Not Always.

the reason i have both of those scars is from overshooting a table back in may 09 it's only about 50ft long but shoots you about 30ft straight up.

the reason my leg (tib and fib) broke is also to blame of the crf pegs. my foot slipped off the back of mine and jammed into the ground when i landed. doc said that the impact compacted all my bone marrow in the lower part of the break.

2 plates and 13 screws, couldn't put pressure on it for 12 weeks, then i could barely walk without crutches at 6 months, it sucks but just do rehab and get it as good as you can.

dd26f37f.jpg

iPhoneUpload-5.jpg

iPhoneUpload.jpg

iPhoneUpload-1.jpg

iPhoneUpload-3.jpg

iPhoneUpload-2.jpg

[/b]

Not Always.

the reason i have both of those scars is from overshooting a table back in may 09 it's only about 50ft long but shoots you about 30ft straight up.

the reason my leg (tib and fib) broke is also to blame of the crf pegs. my foot slipped off the back of mine and jammed into the ground when i landed. doc said that the impact compacted all my bone marrow in the lower part of the break.

2 plates and 13 screws, couldn't put pressure on it for 12 weeks, then i could barely walk without crutches at 6 months, it sucks but just do rehab and get it as good as you can.

dd26f37f.jpg

iPhoneUpload-5.jpg

iPhoneUpload.jpg

iPhoneUpload-1.jpg

iPhoneUpload-3.jpg

iPhoneUpload-2.jpg

OUCH :thumbsup::ride:

[/b]

Not Always.

dd26f37f.jpg

iPhoneUpload-5.jpg

iPhoneUpload.jpg

iPhoneUpload-1.jpg

iPhoneUpload-3.jpg

iPhoneUpload-2.jpg

I think I just threw up in my mouth a Lil' bit.......SUMPTINCOO I dont feel so bad for myself anymore! That injury you had was the first thing that popped into my head when I landed, but in that nano second when I rode away I knew It had more to do with my foot!

My injury and looking at others here on TT has me truly considering giving up the Track riding...... I absolutely love to ride Dirtbikes but as I get older I am becoming more worried when I ride... I am by no means being a little puss here. My problem is when i am riding i think I am still 17!!!!! I am paying for it now. I dont know how to ride any way else. I find myself crashing more, because I am pushing myself more, and at my age (36) I dont think thats a good thing, because I am starting to second geuss or hesitate. I am just a weekend warrior who is now unable to work for quite some time now, I find myself thinking about a lot of things and the thought of getting back out on a track has me thinking about my busted up foot before the enjoyment of riding part!!! The south east has a lot of single track and great woods riding to offer!! I am seriously considering making the promise to myself and others who care about me to "Not ride Moto anymore". What do you guys think?

I think I just threw up in my mouth a Lil' bit.......SUMPTINCOO I dont feel so bad for myself anymore! That injury you had was the first thing that popped into my head when I landed, but in that nano second when I rode away I knew It had more to do with my foot!

My injury and looking at others here on TT has me truly considering giving up the Track riding...... I absolutely love to ride Dirtbikes but as I get older I am becoming more worried when I ride... I am by no means being a little puss here. My problem is when i am riding i think I am still 17!!!!! I am paying for it now. I dont know how to ride any way else. I find myself crashing more, because I am pushing myself more, and at my age (36) I dont think thats a good thing, because I am starting to second geuss or hesitate. I am just a weekend warrior who is now unable to work for quite some time now, I find myself thinking about a lot of things and the thought of getting back out on a track has me thinking about my busted up foot before the enjoyment of riding part!!! The south east has a lot of single track and great woods riding to offer!! I am seriously considering making the promise to myself and others who care about me to "Not ride Moto anymore". What do you guys think?

I wouldn't give it up, but thats me. What I did to help me get back on the bike was getting larger pegs and getting my suspension set up. My leg doesnt hurt at all when riding now. The only part that will bother me is my Tech 10s can be a little tight on my leg and pinch my skin between the plastic in the boot and the metal in my leg. I'm wanting to get the metal taken out asap. But I wouldnt give up on it completely. Maybe ride at a track less often and take it easy. Dont try to go as fast as you can to where you wipe out. Good luck and hope you can ride soon.

i bet you're getting really good at the wheelchair haha

i loved mine, we rented one so sadly i didnt get to keep it so i cant do wheelies anymore.