Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Seep Springs

I just came across an old map of Seep Springs Roads & Trails a little north of Canon City. I've never heard of this place. Does it still exist? If so, Is it worth riding? Anyone have the low down or any info on this place? How about any pics??

Thanks!! :thumbsup:

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/co/programs/recreation.Par.81867.File.dat/Seep_Springs_Roads_and_Trails_Map.pdf

Check out the link, has a trail map and a phone number for the Royal Gorge Field Office that used to (maybe still) manage it. Never ridden there, if you find out that it is open let us know, i wouldnt mind going to check it out, i like the terrain out there.

Seep springs is not a very big area. Mostly dead ends. I was there last year and got bored fast. You will have to haul bikes in unless your street legal. The BLM is planning on a parking lot there. They just finished a travel management plan to connect it with Dinosaur flats to the east. Then it should be very good. If you are street legal you can go from seep springs through red canyon park owned by Canon City. Cool red rock formations. come out on CR9 (Shelf road) turn left, Check out the banks and sand gulch there is riding and camping there. Shelf road will take you to Cripple Creek. You can see maps and more seep springs travel management info at the royal gorge BLM web site.